The new Impreza Sport Hybrid is the second fun-to-drive hybrid from Subaru, following on from the
Subaru XV Hybrid launched in 2013. The motor assist function offers smooth, linear acceleration, which is teamed with sharp, sporty handling to bring out the distinctive enjoyment of driving a hybrid model while achieving fuel economy of just 20.4 km/liter (JC08 mode)*. Designed to make optimum use of the low center of gravity and superior weight balance that characterise Subaru's unique Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD) layout, the electric motor and high-voltage batteries of the hybrid version are positioned for superb driveability. The hybrid model further enhances the appeal of the Impreza Sport lineup by embracing Subaru design values to achieve its own sporty, top-quality exterior look and a refined, up-to-the-minute interior style.
Hybrid System and Power Unit
• Motor assist function facilitates both smooth acceleration and low fuel consumption. Symmetrical AWD layout of Subaru's unique AWD hybrid system offers superb driveability
• Energy management controls for the hybrid system batteries have been re-engineered to utilize regenerated energy at high speeds. Fuel economy has been enhanced by altering controls to boost regeneration frequency and make active use of battery power
• Specially designed Lineartronic continuously variable transmission (CVT) incorporates hybrid drive motor. Reduced friction and modified torque converter fluid characteristics have enhanced fuel economy while providing more direct driving sensation
• EyeSight** is included as standard equipment on all grades. Coordinated control of the hybrid system and EyeSight enables the Eco-Cruise Control function to make the maximum use of electric vehicle driving and regenerative braking when Adaptive Cruise Control is operating, thereby improving fuel consumption under everyday conditions
Packaging and Utility
• Installing batteries and high-voltage components essential to the hybrid system, including the inverter and DC converter, as a single unit beneath the cargo space secures flat, user-friendly storage for luggage.
Driveability and Comfort
• Suspension settings customised for the Impreza Sport Hybrid ensure that it is fun to drive, achieving the perfect balance of agile sportiness and superior ride comfort
• Handling and Passenger Comfort: Teamed with the superior weight balance of the hybrid system, friction control dampers that enhance initial responsiveness and optimized suspension settings assure feel-good handling in sync with driver intent, together with outstanding ride quality
• Tire: The 205/50R17 tires used on the gasoline model have been swapped for slightly wider, larger-diameter 215/50R17 wheels to achieve the very best balance between grip and fuel economy
• Noise Insulation: Coupled with use of hydraulic engine mounts specially designed for the hybrid model, optimum placement and enhancement of sound insulation and absorption materials reduce vibration and noise. The passenger compartment has been designed for quiet and comfort
• Strongly contoured front end emphasizes the wide and low look exclusive to the hybrid grade, while new large-diameter tires and special side-sill spoilers create a dynamic, accented side view
• Rear end has been designed to embody the distinctive functionality and innovativeness of the hybrid model, featuring a roof-end spoiler to enhance aerodynamics and low-energy consumption LEDs in the rear combination lamps
• Blue accents exclusive to the hybrid model, piano-black panels, and metallic trim combine to evoke a quality, up-to-the-minute feel
• Top-grade model features silver Ultrasuede*** seats with blue stitching for even higher quality and refinement. Other popular high-spec features include power seats for the driver and front passenger
Impreza Sport Hybrid 2.0i EyeSight
Including consumption tax - 2,505,600 Yen; Excluding consumption tax - 2,320,000 Yen
Impreza Sport Hybrid 2.0iS EyeSight
Including consumption tax - 2,635,200 Yen; Excluding consumption tax - 2,440,000 Yen
Ice silver metallic, crystal black silica, crystal white pearl****, deep sea-blue pearl, quartz blue pearl, and Venetian red pearl****.
* Data verified by Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism.** EyeSight (ver.2) as it is known on the Japanese market.*** Hybrid 2.0i-S EyeSight grade only. Ultrasuede® is a registered trademark of Toray Industries, Inc.
**** Available at additional cost of 32,400 yen (including consumption tax)