features include a winged rear spoiler, 18-inch aluminum premium-finish wheels and body-color door handles, while the technologically advanced 1.4L turbo is part of a new, global family of small, power-dense engines developed to balance performance and efficiency with exceptional refinement.
Direct injection helps it generate an estimated 153 hp (112 kW) and 177 lb-ft of torque (240 Nm), for about 11 per cent more horsepower and nearly 20 per cent more torque than the Encore's standard engine – and a greater feeling of power on demand, particularly at low- and mid-range engine speeds. It's matched with a six-speed automatic transmission.
Stop/start technology contributes to reduced fuel consumption in stop-and-go driving. It automatically shuts down the engine when the vehicle comes to a stop under certain driving conditions, such as a stoplight. The engine automatically restarts when the driver takes his or her foot off the brake.
"Encore is a driving force behind Buick's expansion and a catalyst for introducing a new generation of customers to the brand," said Duncan Aldred, US Vice-President of Buick. "The all-new Encore Sport Touring broadens that base, giving customers more choices – along with more performance, more technology and more efficiency."
The 2016 Encore Sport Touring goes on sale this fall. All Encore models offer room for five and up to 48.4 cubic feet (1,371 liters) of storage space. Standard features include:
• Blue-accented halogen composite projector-beam headlamps
• IntelliLink voice-activated infotainment system with a seven-inch-diagonal, high-resolution, full-color display
• OnStar 4G LTE connectivity with a Wi-Fi hotspot, including a three-month/3GB data trial
• Rear-view camera system
• Fold-flat front passenger seat that extends the cargo length and accommodatesitems up to eight feet long
• Ten standard air bags, including side-curtain and knee air bags
• QuietTuning with Bose Active Noise Cancellation technology
• Heated outside rear-view mirrors with signal indicators
• Fuel-saving electric power steering
• Four-wheel disc brakes
Encore Sport Touring also includes the Convenience package, which adds a 120-volt power outlet, auto-dimming inside rearview mirror, dual-zone climate control, fog lamps, rear cross traffic alert, side blind zone alert and remote starting.
All-wheel drive, a premium Bose audio system, navigation radio and a moon roof are available