The announcement came during a gathering of 40 community leaders at the Indiana Transmission Plant I in Kokomo.
"We're focused on strengthening our community and the region with vital programs and services that provide support for those in need," said Bob Varsanik, General Manager – Transmission & Component Operations – FCA US LLC. "We hope by joining forces with our friends and neighbors we can help better the lives of individuals and families where we live." FCA US employs more than 8,000 people in the five plants located in north central Indiana.
The FCA Foundation awarded grants – ranging from US$ 1,500 to US$ 10,000 – to support the following organizations and programs:
• Advantage Housing – affordable housing program for veterans and others with special needs
• Boys and Girls Club of Tipton – youth development, recreation, tutoring and leadership programs for children and young adults
• Family Services Association – education, prevention and crisis intervention for women and children
• Encore Elderly Transportation Services – providing rides for Senior Citizens in Tipton County who are not able to drive themselves to medical and basic living services
• Encore Food Pantry – serving the basic living needs of Tipton County residents
• Guardian Angel Foundation – medical and educational support for terminally ill patients and grief and bereavement camp for children and families
• Habitat for Humanity Kokomo – new home construction
• Howard County Community Foundation – re-development and building civic responsibility
• Howard County Public Library – educational and children programming to support literacy
• Joe Thatcher Benefit – academic, social and emotional support and development for children
• Kokomo Automotive Museum – program support to continue the heritage of Howard County
• Kokomo Rescue Mission – support for the homeless, hungry, and hurting in Howard County
• Kokomo Urban Outreach – support for families, including free food pantry and child development programs
• Project Access – free healthcare services for uninsured and homeless
• Samaritan Caregivers – volunteer support for in-home Senior Citizens not able to fully care for themselves
• Special Olympics – year-round physical training and 'Olympic' competition for mentally and physically challenged residents
• The Crossing – alternative high school providing vocational training, job placement, emotional support and mentoring for at-risk students
"As a company, we are committed to making service to others part of our daily mission," said Jody Trapasso, Senior VP – External Affairs, FCA North America and President of the FCA Foundation. "Over the years, we've invested more than half-a-billion dollars in charitable organizations to help build strong communities, while our volunteer activities have impacted millions of lives. The result is stronger, more stable communities, both in our backyard and around the world."